I think opinions are largely the product of experience. I don't like DFW airport because I've had to drive circles around it one too many times. (I only did it once.) I love Barcelona because I had 15 great hours there once a very long time ago.
This works alright in the realm of tastes and preferences but can be a pretty dicey way to form opinions about society and politics in a diverse society. One part of what I would like to accomplish with Too Sense is to get some other points of view. I would genuinely like to get some perspectives on situations, issues and circumstances I have yet to experience and, in return, to share some of what I have learned along the way.
To this end, Too Sense will ask questions and seek opinions. Sometimes, I think these questions will be hard, other times they might be a bit silly, more relaxed or even (dare I dream) entertaining. But, I pledge to always ask them respectfully, out of a genuine interest to see what others have to say. I ask that in reading and responding, you operate out of a similar intent to expand your understanding of other people's experiences. I am not asking that you change your mind (and I can't promise that I will change mine). I am asking that you join in a conversation and see where it goes.
(Join the conversation. Send your comments to my.too.sense@gmail.com)
April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment