Now that training camp is upon us (or looming in some cities), here is an appropriate bit of football trivia (and irony).
As we cheeseheads know all too well, Brett Favre's game/playoff/season/(Packer) career (?) - ending interception against the Giants last January put him into a tie with Jim Kelly for the most career playoff interceptions (28).
BUT...guess who holds the NFL record for lowest career playoff interception percentage? (I know, I know, not quite the same statistic. I hope you will excuse my quantitative sloppiness in light of the gloomy cloud of despair that has accumulated over 1265 Lombardi Avenue this month.)
None other than the last Green Bay quarterback that anyone who's area code did NOT split from 414 can remember...Bart Starr. (Apologies to Lynn Dickey, Randy Wright, Don Majikowski and the rest of the crew.)
(Yes, Tom Brady is threateningly close to Starr's record. But as Shakespeare admonished, "...think not on him till to-morrow. I'll devise thee brave punishments for him.")
Source: Kerry J. Burne of Coldhardfootballfacts.com, special to SI.com; Much Ado About Nothing, Act 5, Scene 4, lines 126-7
July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment